Star News Digital Media, Inc., the parent company of these website publications, Battleground State News (http://battlegroundstatenews.com), The Tennessee Star (https://tennesseestar.com), The Ohio Star (http://theohiostar.com), The Minnesota Sun (http://theminnesotasun.com), The Michigan Star (http://themichiganstar.com), The Georgia Star News (http://georgiastarnews.com), The Florida Capital Star (http://floridacapitalstar.com), The Arizona Sun Times (https://arizonasuntimes.com), The Wisconsin Daily Star (https://wisconsindailystar.com), The Pennsylvania Daily Star (https://pennsylvaniadailystar.com), The Connecticut Star (http://theconnecticutstar.com), The Iowa Star (http://theiowastar.com), and The Star News Network (https://thestarnewsnetwork.com), (“Star News Digital,” “we,” “us,” or “our”), oversees this website, including the services underlying this site and the content appearing herein, (with the website, its content, and the underlying services understood collectively as the “Site”). We have developed this Cookie Notification to inform you how we collect data and use the data we collect and how you can control Cookies on your web browser. This Cookie Notification is intended to tell users (“User(s),” “you,” or “your about Star News Digital’s collection, use, and dissemination practices regarding information that you provide to Star News Digital through the Site or the services offered therein (collectively, the “Services”).
- Cookies, Anonymous Identifiers, Web Beacons, and Other Internet Tracking Technology
We utilize Cookies, Anonymous Identifiers, Web Beacons, and other Internet tracking technology to collect information from your computer, mobile, or other device.
- A “Cookie” is a data file that is created and stored on your computer’s hard drive when you visit our Services. An “Anonymous Identifier” is a random string of characters that is used for similar reasons as Cookies.
- A “Web Beacon” is an object embedded into a web page or an e-mail that collects various data. A Web Beacon is known by several common terms, such as a web bug, tag, page tag, tracking bug, tracking pixel, pixel tag, web pixel, targeting pixel, re-targeting pixel, and clear gif. Web Beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that may be included on our Services for several purposes, including to deliver or communicate with Cookies, to track and measure the performance of our Services, and to monitor how many visitors view our Services. Unlike Cookies, which are stored on the device, Web Beacons are typically embedded invisibly on web pages or in e-mails. When used within e-mail, for example, a web beacon can track whether a User opens a message, clicks on a link within the e-mail, and similar actions. We also use other, similar Internet tracking technology to monitor a User’s actions coming to our Services, moving through our Services, and after leaving our Services.
- We use performance Cookies that allow us to track usage. This allows us to learn more about how users use the Services so that we make changes and improvements, as necessary.
- We use targeting Cookies that measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns and to track sites you’ve visited so that we can measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.
- Change Settings From Within Your Browser
The instructions for these vary from browser to browser and they may change from time to time as new versions are released. Here are some links to instructions for the most common browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer Click here for Microsoft Internet Explorer
Mozilla Firefox – Click here for Mozilla Firefox
Google Chrome – Click here for Google Chrome
Safari – Click here for Safari
For other browsers, try searching for “managing Cookies in [browser name].”